Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Debut Day for Master of Lies (Chronicles of the Half-Emrys, #1)


Christmas morning hello! Many of you already know about my new novel, Master of Lies (Chronicles of the Half-Emrys, #1). I am very excited to share more of my world with you.

I thought I might give you a little taste of what is too come, so I have written a series of blog posts to help you get to know my new book. This is day one. Six more to follow on a weekly basis. I will keep them short and sweet. Enjoy!

This book is the opening story of the Half-Emryn Chronicles. The books (I have three planned for this series.) follow the lives of the half-Emrys—a half race, and their struggle between the two worlds (mortal and immortal realms) they are a part of.

What is an Emrys?

I wanted to explore the concept of light-filled beings. Immortals that could harness their internal light and project it from their bodies in a myriad of ways. My Emrys were created to be the guardians of a nearly destroyed dragon species. The Master of Light, Deian, created them from his light. They are made of that light and the light is what gives them immortality. The source within their body is their heart-center. Not their physical heart, but their spiritual heart. Emrys can harness the energy from the light and spread it throughout their bodies and even project in from themselves. Their light also gives them other abilities, such as the ability to sense emotions. They’re not mind-readers. (With the exception of the High-Emrys. She has uncanny abilities, which I cannot get into here without ruining the books. But suffice to say that because she was the first Emrys, she has an extra “something” from Deian.)

My Emrys dwell in a world called Gorlassar, which is protected by the Power of Light. In this world, there is no death. The Emrys are immortal, and the dragons are as well. But alas, there is always a something to throw a wrench in the works. Gorlassar has a portal to the mortal world, where the evil is . . . and the tainted humans.

And so what is a Half-Emrys?

As the usual case, in an immortal world that is perfect and flawless, where the people gradually become indifferent and ignorant of the outside mortal world, someone always rebels. (For some reason the Thor movies come to mind. Can I throw in a promo? If you like Thor, you might like Chronicles of the Half-Emrys!)

I mean, why would you want to leave a golden realm protected by light? It’s safe and magical and BORING. Gasp! The first Emrys to leave the immortal Dragon Realm of Gorlassar did so in rebellion. And boy, did she cause a whole slew of trouble. What happens when an immortal passes through a portal and enters the mortal world? What happens when an Emrys and a human have a child?

The result is a new half race. An immortal who can still control light. . .

But with their mortal heritage comes a flaw.

The darkness.

And there is the basis for an internal struggle. Two powers within one being.
Who doesn't love a good—light vs. dark, good vs. evil—novel?


Look for my novel on Amazon December 25 through January 1 on sale for 99 cents!